BI Strategy: Assessments and Audits
What's the best investment for your business intelligence dollars? Before you invest in a project, an audit or assessment will help ensure your money is well spent. It will help answer questions such as:
- Is your business getting the information it needs to make informed decision, when it needs it?
- Are your current IT systems architected and deployed as effectively and efficiently as they should?
- Is your company using data shadow systems, and if so, what should you do about them?
- If you need a Big Data project, what's the best way to proceed?
- How long it will take?
- How much should you budget?
- How many people will you need?
- What third-party products will you need?
What to Expect During an Assessment or Audit
Our assessments and audits will examine your project from various angles to give us the most relevant information for your final recommendations. The areas we examine incude:
- Business requirements
- Your business data
- Your current data warehouse and business intelligence tools
- The skills and experience of your IT staff, project team members and business group users
Strategy Assessment Results
When the assessment is complete, we'll give you a list of recommendations based on where you are in the life-cycle process and the state of your current efforts. These recommendations may include:
Business Intelligence, Data Warehousing
& Corporate Performance Management Strategy Assessment
- Proposed scope and requirements
- Risk assessment
- Roles and responsibilities
- Project team composition and skills (both business and IT)
- Data warehouse/business intelligence strategy, approach, program and iteration phases
- Technology short-list
- Architecture approach (data, information, technology, product)
- Project and resource plans