After you have had Athena IT Solutions consultants assist you with one of the other advisory services, you may wish to retain an advisor or mentor to help guide your data warehousing and business intelligence program on an ongoing basis.
Your advisor can assist you in the following areas:
- Project organization and management
- Project and resource planning
- Business and IT working together
- Status reporting and milestone review
- DW and BI architecture design
- Data and database design
- Data integration with other applications, e.g. CRM, SCM, ERP, Web
- Selection, use and implementation with Extract, Transform & Load (ETL)
- Selection, use and implementation with Business Intelligence (BI) & OLAP Tools
- Knowledge transfer to key business or IT personnel involved in the project
Your advisor would typically be available on an ongoing basis during your project for a predetermined number of days per week. Your advisor would be involved with your project team, business users, business sponsors and IT management. Your advisor may attend status and review meetings, as well as meet with various people on a regular or as needed basis.
The key role of your advisor is to make your data warehousing effort a success. You will be able to leverage the experience and knowledge of your advisor as the project proceeds.