Course: Data Naming Workshop for Data Warehouse Projects
Describing and naming data correctly is critical. Done right, it can help you:
- Set and achieve common business goals
- Maximize customer satisfaction
- Reduce time to market for products
- Accurately represent the financial status of the company to stockholder
- Minimize misunderstandings among business functions that negatively impact company performance.
This course describes and illustrates the basic principles and standards for the description and naming of the company data assets.
The course materials include a Data Description and Naming document that can form the basis for naming standards, procedures and guidelines for your company.
The attendees will execute all aspects of the standard. They will create precise and understandable data descriptions and derive standard names and abbreviated names for use in data dictionaries, data warehouses, data marts, and the data structures that support business applications.
Who Should Attend:
Business and IS personnel who describe and name company data. This could include: functional managers, data managers, data administrators, database administrators, and data warehouse administrators.
What You Will Learn:
- Basic principles and standards for the description and naming of the company data assets
- Precise and understandable data descriptions
- Standard names and abbreviated names for use in data dictionaries, data warehouses, data marts, and the data structures that support business applications
- Resolution of definition synonyms and homonyms,
- Elimination of data ambiguity,
- Effective keyword searching mechanisms so that the correct data can be found
Email us or call 617-835-0546 to discuss your business intelligence and data warehousing training needs.